Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Little Collaboration

I am so excited about these shoes! A month or so ago, a fellow Artisan shared a picture of my shoes on her business page and mentioned that those shoes would make a good match with the dresses she was having made for her daughter from Heartmade Creations. So, out of curiosity, I checked Heartmade's page out. Oh. My. Gosh. The cuteness. So, I mentioned on Heartmade's wall that someone thought we would make a good match.

To my delight, Cassandra of Heartmade, agreed and actually extended an offer to me to collaborate. Swoon! What fun to work with another designer, especially such a talented one, to make a one of a kind design! I couldn't wait to get started.

Cassandra let me know what fabric she was going to use for her fall line. And can we just say, gorgeous?! I was even MORE excited, and my mind went straight to a remnant I have had for about a year. A sunny yellow lattice design, perfect to compliment such a pretty floral.


Photobucket



So what do you think? Aren't they just a perfect match without being too matchy matchy? I used my favorite silk remnant for the bow, and paper millinery flowers for the center. I usually make all of my flowers by hand, but this pair seemed to call for something a little extra special. While they are paper, they are coated and very sturdy.



Photobucket



They are a little "more" than I usually design. But, this is a perfect occasion for something like that. Something a little extra special. Besides, they have to hold their own paired with the adorable Heartmade Dress they will be worn with in the photographs. I can't wait to show you the results.



Photobucket



Incidentally, I made two pairs of shoes for this project. Along with the yellow, I made a pair in green suede, just in case. Since, the yellow turned out so well, the green pair are without an owner. I have listed them in my Etsy shop and hope they find an owner soon.


Photobucket
 

4 comments:

Ana Love Craft said...

So charming!!!Thanks so much for sharing! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
Happy week!

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Hello, new follower! I would like to invite you to link up with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/autumn-giveaway-clever-chicks-blog-hop-4.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy
The Chicken Chick

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

GORGEOUS as always!

Featuring you :)

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Both pairs are perfection!