Wednesday, June 8, 2011

For The Boys

I am so excited (and really, really nervous) to show you these. I know the handmade shoe market is girl heavy. And I know that I am guilty of it too. I have two sons and not even they could inspire me to actually sit down at the machine and come up with a boy design.

But, I have a wonderful customer who ordered shoes for herself and her two girls, and her poor son felt very left out. So she asked me would I please consider coming up with something for him? How could I resist a mother's plea like that?

Part of the trouble is, not only is there a shortage of cute shoes for boys, there is also a shortage of cute boy shoe patterns. I was going to have to get creative here.

So without any further ado, here is "the boy" shoe.

Photobucket


Photobucket


I am really happy with them. I love the color scheme. And I think they're pretty modern and not overly cutesy.

Photobucket


And the one thing I know about Sage is that he loves trucks, especially trucks with really big tires. So, I had to use the circle fabric. It just screamed tires to me without being too literal.

Photobucket


So there you have it. I can't wait to try this in different combinations of prints and solids.

No comments: