Thursday, September 1, 2011

Petite Bouquet Shoes

I love when I get a new challenge and something lovely emerges from it. I have a customer who wanted charcoal gray shoes with either a periwinkle or pink flower. Looking through my previous designs she chose this flower style:

Photobucket


A lovely ribbon style to be sure, but those were children's shoes, and that particular flower can't be made larger, so when placed on an adult shoe, it just didn't look right. What to do, what to do?

Photobucket


I just happened to have two shades of ribbon that complimented the periwinkle I had already used, I wondered how it would be if I made three flowers and used them all together on the shoe. Oh my gosh. I was so excited just by the idea, I couldn't wait to get them made.

Photobucket


Once I saw them together, I loved them! But I wanted to make certain that my customer loved them too. I had to wait an agonizing 36 hours to hear from her. She thinks they're beautiful! I'm so glad. And as always, my newest design becomes my favorite.

Photobucket

I think I am going to need to buy more ribbon.

Photobucket