Monday, September 12, 2011

A Very Special Customer

For her daughter's birthday, a very dear friend of ours bought her daughter a pair of shoes from GLT. As part of the gift, we let sweet Charis be a part of the design process. She was so excited to get to design her own shoes.

We live states apart so unfortunately, I don't know my dear friend's children as well as I wish, so it was such fun collaborating with Charis. She is an endearing, polite and beautiful girl. I asked her to tell me what colors she might like and her most definite response was pink and brown. And she said she likes stripes.


Photobucket


I looked through my stash, but didn't find anything that was just right, so I went shopping. My oldest was forced to tag along with me, much to his dismay. But, when I told him what I was looking for, he dug right in and kept pulling out bolts, "What about this one?" Just when I was about to give up, and settle on a polka dot print, he found what I was sure was the perfect fabric. I bought enough of both, in order to give Charis the chance to choose. And, of course she chose the one that Isaac had found. We were all so thrilled. It makes the shoes that much more special.

Photobucket


She also decided that she wanted a butterfly as opposed to a flower. I love butterflies. And in addition to the shoes, she got a matching hair clip...

Photobucket


And my favorite new item, a matching bracelet as well.


Photobucket


I absolutely love the delicate nature of this bracelet. It's easily adjustable. It has been sewn on so it can be moved side to side, but does not slip off the ends. And it can be turned so that the whole bracelet lies flat, for easy transport.


Photobucket



Photobucket


They are all on their way to a very deserving birthday girl. And I hope that she enjoys them as much as we enjoyed creating them together. Happy birthday, Charis!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I especially enjoy the bracelet! I wouldnt mind one for myself :)

Lindsay said...

Oh my, those little shoes are adorable! What a very thoughtful gift, I bet they LOVED it! And that little bracelet is too cute! Thank you very much for sharing this @ Show & Share! You are one talented gal!

Whit said...

Those are beautiful. thank you so much for linking up to my party Show and Share! hope to see you again this week!

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com