Monday, February 27, 2012

Oh So Country

Do you ever have a challenge that scares you? One that makes you think, "I am so far out of my comfort zone, no way can I do this." My last order was one of those.

My husband's cousin, a wildly talented artist in her own right, requested a pair of pink cowgirl boots. And were they for her, creative license on my part would have run rampant. But, they were for friends of hers, who tend toward the more traditional. So we were going for a more literal take on cowboy boots. Eek.





But, I gave it a try! Instead of straight stitching, I hand cut suede and sewed them on. She says she loves them. I hope the family does too!




3 comments:

Kristin@gratefulbelly.com said...

These are adorable! I just found your site through a link party and am a new follower. I'd like to invite you to stop by my brand new blog and follow me, too! Thanks:)

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

Adorable!!! thank you for linking up to Uncommon!

Bonnie :)

mtg said...

this is too cute!
xx
maya