Friday, October 15, 2010

Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses

In case you were wondering, the winner from my first post was this little number:


I love it.  I can see my grandmother heading to her job at the Pentagon in it.  The design is for Shabby Apple Dresses.  If you haven't found them yet, you should definitely stop by.  They have beautiful designs, with a nod to days gone by.  And you are guaranteed that no neckline will be too low and no hemline will be too high.  That's hard to come by these days.

Now, on this dress, the most important feature is the sleeves.  A slight puff at the shoulder seam, then carefully pleated into a wide band above the elbow. The body of the bodice would be cut on the bias for a flattering fit, with an off center closure.  A simple stand collar with a bow for a final touch of femininity.  Given there is so much going on up top, the bottom would be a super simple, and sexy, pencil skirt. As it would be all one piece, there would be a side zipper, hidden so as not to spoil the two piece illusion.   I'm loving it in navy blue and white.  It should be a nice crisp cotton fabric.  Though I think I would want to find something with a slight sheen to it for the top.

So there you have it.  Wish me luck!

No comments: