Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas for Little Hands

Do you like my angel?

Photobucket


He's kind of cute, but he has a secret...

Photobucket


Actually, he has four of them.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Yay! A nativity set that the little ones can play with, and that cost me nothing (except a little patience and sanity) to make!


Photobucket



It's actually a very easy project. The patience and sanity payments came into play when I thought that I could do my crafting (for the kids) while they crafted quietly right by me. I know, sleep deprivation can really make you delusional.


Photobucket



The seed for this idea can be found here. And Joel provides wonderful step by step instructions. I didn't follow them. It's how I cook too. But, I think they turned out fairly well anyway.  I free handed my images on paper, then traced them with regular markers onto fabric. (I don't expect these to be keepsakes.) If you would like my humble little images, I will gladly provide them, just ask in a comment on this post.


Photobucket


They can put on puppet shows with them depicting the Christmas story of course. They're totally easy to pack and take with you too. I'm kind of excited by this, can you tell? And the funny thing is, that out of my kids, I am betting my 8 year old oldest will be the most excited about them with me. What do you think?

5 comments:

Jo said...

Hi Susan,

Would you mind adding a Pin It button to your blog? Because I'm guessing this won't be the last time I pin something of yours.

Thanks,
Johanna :-)

http://pinterest.com/about/goodies/

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

This is so sweet! I love how simple it is. Kids will love this. I am a new FB follower and I have stumbled this post. Vicky from Mess For Less

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I like the portablility aspect of it as well as the just plain cuteness factor! I'll be making these for my son for next year.

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

I saw your creation on Uncommon Designs. Yes! I like your angel and all of his buddies too!! Now, YOU are creative!! I want to try this!! Thanks.
I am no. 94. Please visit?
http://www.kristaspapercafe.com/christmas-ornaments/

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

I am going to post this on my facebook fan page!!
https://www.facebook.com/KristasPaperCafe