Thursday, December 1, 2011

The First Few Decorations

We won't be getting our tree till tomorrow night (our first ever real tree), but I thought it was still high time to get some Christmas decorations up and the Thanksgiving stuff down. So here is what we have so far...


Over the couch, I printed out these fabulous free printables from At Second Street. She also offers the same type banner in Merry Christmas. And on the other end of my screen...


is this free printable from Jones Design Company.  Can I just say how awesome it is to live during the time of blogging, with all of these highly talented and generous people sharing their creativity?

The whole thing looks like this:



Also, in the front window, I hung the paper stars that I made last year.


You can find the tutorial here at via Martha Stewart.


Last year they made me so happy. They framed our tree, and they just feel so vintage.

I have something new in the works inspired by something I found on Pinterest. Hopefully, I can share it in the next day or two. In the meantime, too, I am still making gifts as well as finishing orders. And trying above all to remember the reason for the season. Christ's birth.

No comments: